CDP Cisco Client is a highly efficient network monitor and troubleshooting tool for network administrator and network engineer.
First, CDP Cisco Client is a CDP Client for windows host. It is able to use the CDP(Cisco Discovery Protocol) to send host information to connecting Cisco devices .
CDP Cisco Client (CCC) would produce a CDP Cisco Client Service (CCCS) in the system after CDP Cisco Client is installed . Users could start or stop CDP Cisco Client Service manually through Service Control Manager .
All CDP data sending/receiving work are finished by CDP Cisco Client Service in the backgroud. CDP Cisco Client application is the control program of CDP Cisco Client Service.
With CDP Cisco Client, Users could send the information (CPU numbers and models, host name, login name and the windows version, service pack version, memory information, Disk information, the network adapter name, ip address) of windows host to the connecting Cisco device , and users could get and display the information of the connecting Cisco devices, such as device names, device models, connecting port, administive ip address, IOS version, VTP Domain Name, and so on. With these information, one could easily learn the total topology of whole network and do troubleshooting. Once the CDP information changed (such as the link or device failed, or the setup of Cisco device changed), CDP Cisco Client will detect and display related info.
So as the Cisco client of windows host, CDP Cisco Client could monitor your network automatically . Especially, With CDP Cisco Client, CiscoWorks 2000 Campus Manager could get windows information through CDP and show the total topology of your network in graphics mode, including not only the Cisco network devices, but also PCs and hosts.
» version 3.32 - posted on 2015-04-15
RUN AS SERVICE
» version 3.1 - posted on 2008-03-02
RUN AS SERVICE
EULA - End User License Agreement
Copyright (c) 1999-2015, Tallsoft All Rights Reserved.
CDP Cisco Client V3.32 End User Licence Agreement
Warning: Permission to use the CDP Cisco Client V3.32 and documentation is conditional upon you, the Customer, agreeing to the terms set out below. Do not load CDP Cisco Client V3.32 until you have read and accepted all the terms of this licence. Your loading of CDP Cisco Client V3.32 will be deemed to be your acceptance of the following terms.
1. Licence. The copyright in CDP Cisco Client V3.32 and its documentation is owned Tallsoft Ltd. Subject to the terms of this licence you are granted a non-exclusive right to install and use CDP Cisco Client V3.32 on a single machine and make a single copy of CDP Cisco Client V3.32 for backup purposes only. The rights granted to you under this licence will lapse thirty (30) days after installation of CDP Cisco Client V3.32 unless you pay a registration fee of US$29.95. CDP Cisco Client V3.32 is considered to be in use when it is in the memory of a computer or is otherwise stored in a machine. CDP Cisco Client V3.32 if stored on a server solely for network distribution to other machines is not considered to be "in use". Tallsoft may, if all licence fees have been paid in full and at its sole discretion, from time to time, provide you with codes to enable you to use Tallsoft.
2. Your obligations. You hereby undertake: not to copy, reproduce, translate, adapt, vary, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works of, modify, sub-license, rent, lease, loan or distribute CDP Cisco Client V3.32 or its documentation other than as expressly authorised by this licence; not to use CDP Cisco Client V3.32 for or in connection with a service bureau operation; to supervise and control the use of CDP Cisco Client V3.32 in accordance with the terms of this licence; to ensure that your officers, employees, sub-contractors and other agents who have authorised access to CDP Cisco Client V3.32 are made aware of the terms of this licence; not to provide or otherwise make available CDP Cisco Client V3.32 in any form to any person; and to advise Tallsoft in writing within thirty (30) days of you becoming aware of any person using CDP Cisco Client V3.32 who is not licensed by Tallsoft to do so; not to infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, by using CDP Cisco Client V3.32. You acknowledge that copyright subsists in CDP Cisco Client V3.32 and any documentation and belongs to Tallsoft. You shall not during or any time after the expiry or termination of this licence permit any act which infringes that copyright. You shall ensure that you have the permission of the copyright owner of all materials you download using CDP Cisco Client V3.32. You shall indemnify Tallsoft fully against all liabilities, costs and expenses, which Tallsoft may incur to a third party as a result of your breach of any of the provisions of this agreement.
3. Shareware Version Only. Notwithstanding your obligations above, the shareware version of CDP Cisco Client V3.32 may be freely copied and distributed provided that it is complete and unmodified in any way. However, written permission must be received to distribute the shareware version of CDP Cisco Client V3.32 on retail racks, cd roms, or if it is bundled with any other product.
4. Limited Warranty. Tallsoft warrants that CDP Cisco Client V3.32 media is free from defects in manufacture. Tallsoft will replace any defective media at no charge, subject to notification of the defect within thirty (30) days of the date of the commencement of this licence and this shall be your sole remedy for any such defect. CDP Cisco Client V3.32 and any documentation are provided AS IS and all warranties whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, relating in any way to the subject matter of this agreement or to this agreement generally, including without limitation, warranties as to: quality; fitness; merchantability; correctness; accuracy; reliability; correspondence with any description or sample, meeting your or any other requirements; uninterrupted use; compliance with any relevant legislation and being error or virus free are excluded. Where any legislation implies in this agreement any term, and that legislation avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying such a term, such term shall be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, the liability of Tallsoft for any breach of such term shall if permitted by that legislation be limited, at Tallsoft option, to any one or more of the following: if the breach related to goods: the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; the repair of such goods; the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and if the breach relates to services: the supplying of the services again; or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
5. Limitation of Liability. Except for personal injury (including sickness and death) and the Limited Warranty, Tallsoft shall not be under any liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) however caused, which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect to the supply of goods or services pursuant to this agreement or the failure or omission on the part of Tallsoft to comply with its obligations under this agreement.
6. Duration. The licence commences upon payment of the licence fee and is granted in perpetuity, but may be terminated without notice in the following circumstances: if you breach any term of this agreement; if you become the subject of insolvency proceedings; if you, being a firm or partnership, are dissolved; or if you destroy CDP Cisco Client V3.32 and documentation for any reason. Upon termination, you or your representative shall destroy any remaining copies of CDP Cisco Client V3.32 and documentation or otherwise return or dispose of such material in the manner directed by Tallsoft. Termination pursuant to this clause shall not affect any rights or remedies, which Tallsoft may have otherwise under this licence or at law.
7. Support. Nothing in this licence imposes an obligation on Tallsoft to rectify any software or documentation errors in CDP Cisco Client V3.32 or to provide you with any corrections, modifications, enhancements or other form of support in relation to CDP Cisco Client V3.32. Tallsoft is under no obligation to update or maintain CDP Cisco Client V3.32.
8. Assignment. You may only transfer all your rights and obligations under this licence to another party if you supply to the transferee a copy of this agreement, the licence information and all other documentation including proof of ownership and the original supply diskettes or media unaltered in any way. Your licence is then terminated. If CDP Cisco Client V3.32 is licensed in multiples of two or more (for example a pack) it may only be transferred in its entirety. Individual licences to such components cannot be transferred.
9. Waiver. Failure or neglect by Tallsoft to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this agreement shall not be construed or deemed to be a waiver of Tallsoft rights under this licence.
10. Governing law and Severability. This agreement will be governed by and construed according to the law of the State of Victoria, Australia. The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria and Australia. This agreement is deemed to have been made in Victoria. If any provision of this agreement is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, this agreement shall remain otherwise in full force apart from such provision or part provision, which shall be deemed, deleted.
11. Entire Agreement. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties for the subject matter referred to in this agreement. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded. No modification or alteration of any clause of this agreement will be valid except in writing signed by each party.